All The Democratic News Fit To Print In and Around New Britain, CT (USA)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rep. O'Brien Congratulates Mayor; Renews Call For Positive Change

Rep. Tim O'Brien, the Democratic candidate for Mayor, congratulated Tim Stewart on the day of his inauguration and looked forward to continuing to advocate for the people of New Britain on the important issues.

"I congratulate Tim Stewart on his inaugural day," said Rep. O'Brien, "and give best wishes to him and his family in the coming years. I hope today is a joyous one for them."

O'Brien said he is happy to be continuing his work at the State Capitol. "As I said during the campaign, my passion for my work at the Capitol on behalf of the people I represent is as strong as it ever was."

"I am proud of what I have accomplished in the legislature," O'Brien added, "but there there are many more victories needed for the people I represent and I glad to be continuing that important work."

O'Brien expressed deep appreciation to the many people who supported his campaign for Mayor.

"I want to give my thanks to everyone who helped with and supported our campaign to change New Britain for the better for everyone in our city," said O'Brien. "And I thank the thousands of people who came out to vote in hope for a brighter future for New Britain."


O'Brien added, "We should be proud of what we accomplished. We gave hope to thousands of people in our city that we can change things for the better - lowering unfair property taxes, improving education opportunities, improving neighborhoods and creating good paying jobs."

"Most of all," O'Brien said, "we spread hope that we, everyday people, working together as a community, can truly improve life for everyone in New Britain. What we started this year is genuinely good."


O'Brien said that he plans to continue to advocate for the important changes his campaign championed. "The work that we started this year is not over. It is just beginning. We should keep building and organizing to win a brighter future for our city."

"Together, we can build a brighter future for New Britain," said O'Brien.

No comments:

Blog Archive

New Britain Democrats

New Britain, Connecticut, United States
New Britain Democrat is a digest of e-newsletters that present news, views and information from the New Britain Democratic Town Committee. John McNamara, the Town Chair, is the editor. Mailing Address: Post Office Box 2112 New Britain, CT 06050 John Valengavich, Treasurer